[lbo-talk] The Wanted Man, Smorasbord, and Student as Customer

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Thu Apr 27 12:14:03 PDT 2006

Glad you liked it and glad to see someone else wrote about it. Pointed readers at his discussion and the lively comments section. I pointed out in my latest post just why the students were probably really upset with the smorgasbord thing: not b/c of the food issues, but because the very rejection of the smorgasbord approach challenges the way they think about rcism to begin with: from a very individualistic perspective where racism is something blacks practice on whiates and vice versa and there's no structure or logic to it. Thus, equal time for all is what they think is right. By dismissing that approach, they read you as dismissing them. But, since they don't know any other way to think about it, they latch on to the food thing and run with it. They are, themselves, confused as to what's bugging them. (My two cents anyway. You'll only get the irony if you read the post. :)

Hey, and I forgot to say: Hope everyone likes the new blog design. I still have to get the rotator working, but this way you can pick you own sexy header image -- or not, if you're at work. the images are still sexy, just not risque! :)

I've ended up reworking the whole thing in more corporate neutral stuff b/c it's turningout to be a perfect sales tool -- I freakin' hope anyway.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org