[lbo-talk] "Save Darfur": Evangelicals and Official "Jewish Leaders"

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 28 10:05:05 PDT 2006

No more astonishing than the drumbeat for war against Iran - at least that theatre of operations has geographical proximity to the two currently existing wars. Notwithstanding the Evangelical missionaries, the Darfur rally has the earmarks of "humanitarian interventions" we saw so much of in the 1990s. While the U.S. might not do much about Darfur now, it is reasonable to assume that it would become a more significant priority in the event the Dems take the White House in 2008.

I note from today's Democracy Now! program (www.democracynow.org) that the people of Darfur seem to be in dire need of food aid, apparently donations have fallen way short of the need. Query- why talk about military intervention when people are at risk of starving? Funny, how Americans, both liberal AND Conservative, always seem to believe military force is the solution to a crisis. SR

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Michael Pugliese" <michael.098762001 at gmail.com>