[lbo-talk] "Save Darfur": Evangelicals and Official "Jewish Leaders"

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Apr 29 12:00:27 PDT 2006

> Plus, [Ruth Messinger] shut down the porn on Manhattan Cable when she was
> borough pres.
>
> Doug

Yes, and held anti-porn mini-rallies outside adult vid stores -- but only hetero ones. She would never do the same to queer porn shops, for obvious political reasons; and when I pointed this out to one of her aides (who phoned me to complain about an editorial in New York Perspectives that knocked Messinger's hypocrisy), he stammered, "Well, this is a very complex situation here."

Right.

Dennis