[lbo-talk] "Save Darfur": Evangelicals and Official "Jewish Leaders"

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Fri Apr 28 10:11:27 PDT 2006

This is kind of perverse. It's like saying commies instigated the civil rights movement. My wife is going -- I'm not -- and she just wants to keep people from getting murdered.

The fact that the aggressors in Darfur are Arab Muslims - though it should be said that the victims are also mostly Muslim - and are supported by a regime in Khartoum that is backed by the Arab League has made some people question the true motives of some of the Jewish organizations involved in the rally.

(Gal Beckerman, "US Jews Leading Darfur Rally Planning," Jerusalem Post, 27 April 2006, <http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1145961241838&pagename=JPost%2FJ PArticle%2FPrinter>)</blockquote>

Should we laugh or should we cry?