[lbo-talk] "Save Darfur": Evangelicals and Official"Jewish Leaders"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Apr 28 10:49:04 PDT 2006

"Max B. Sawicky" wrote:

> This is kind of perverse. It's like saying commies instigated the civil
> rights movement. My wife is going -- I'm not -- and she just wants to
> keep people from getting murdered.

It doesn't matter what the motives of the individuals are. Every citizen activity which (even indirectly) supports any kind of u.s. military action beyond its own borders _either_ (at best) has utterly no effect on u.s. policy _or_ contributes to the deaths of more people.

Not a single u.s. military action since the surrender of Germany in 1945 has been for positive ends. Nor will it ever be during the lifetime of anyone reading this.

Carrol