[lbo-talk] Nitzan and Bichler confirmed!

Seth Ackerman sethackerman1 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 28 12:41:57 PDT 2006

From Michael Kinsley's column:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/27/AR2006042702122_pf.html

In, I guess, the early 1990s, when I worked for CNN, I found myself one evening at a Washington reception, chatting with an oil company executive and one from a defense contractor. The oilman said, "How's business?" How's business! Delighted and emboldened by the discovery that businessmen actually say this to one another, I arched a conspiratorial eyebrow and said, "Well, we could use another war."

The defense contractor said, "So could we."

The oilman said, "So could we -- as long as it's in the Middle East."