CORRECTION: was Re: [lbo-talk] LaRouche: world monetary systemcollapse by Sept '06

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 05:47:18 PDT 2006

--- uvj at vsnl.com wrote:

> I didn't know about the either pogrom, but I checked
> with Ahmed Rashid's book Taliban. He writes about
> unprecedented(for Afghanistan)massacres on a large
> scale in which thousands were killed. "Masud's
> massacre of the Hazaras in Kabul in 1995, the
> Hazaras massacre of the Taliban in Mazar in 1997 and
> the Taliban massacres of Hazaras and Uzbeks in 1998
> has no precedent in Afghan history and perhaps
> irreparably damaged the fabric of the country's
> national and religious soul."

Apparently the Uzbek pogrom in 1991 against the Meskhetian Turks was inspired by believed advantages enjoyed by the later. Like the Crimean Tatars, they had been deported by Stalin to Uzbekistan during the war, and, again like the Crimean Tatars, they had more land per capita than Uzbeks. It was violence by Uzbek rural residents against the perceived wealth of the Turks. 16,000 Turks left Uzbekistan at the time. I wonder of the history of violence in the Fergana Valley has anything to do with the violence there a year and a half of so ago.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!