[lbo-talk] Re: "Save Darfur" etc (and other responses)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Apr 29 13:56:03 PDT 2006

ravi wrote:

> > For Americans, our prime
> > responsibility is to stop the abuse of Iraq, and everything else should
> > take a back seat to that for now.
>
> Genocide should take a back seat? You cannot be saying that. So, what
> are you saying?

Doug can answer for himself, but my answer to this is I don't fucking care. We have to stop the U.S. We have to give humanity room to breathe. Approving of u.s. intervention against genocide someplace isn't opposing genocide, it's just supporting more sophisticated forms of genocide. I hope you are merely playing devil's advocate here, because the position you are supporting is truly evil.

Carrol