[lbo-talk] Re: "Save Darfur" etc (and other responses)

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 29 11:03:59 PDT 2006

I would also note how the crisis in the Sudan is being framed as a crisis in 'Darfur' (read Kosovo) as if to delink Darfur from the rest of war ravaged Sudan. It is not a matter of stopping 'genocide' or not because if that was the case we would be talking about other regions of Africa as well. Why the focus on Darfur - why not say, okay some people are working on Darfur, how about the Save Northern Uganda or Eastern Gongo movement? Why not start an anti-Uganda divestment campaign?