[lbo-talk] another brick in that neolib wall

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Sat Apr 29 17:48:46 PDT 2006

Also, I should probably explain the last line b/c it's a reference to a debate back in 1999 or 2000 where we discussed gun control. Charles and I felt that the most likely scenario for a revolution in which this might matter were two:

1. civil war, in which case we' be fighting urban warfare style in cities divided along the lines that are typical in a civil war. In which case, the likelihood that the capitalist army would be using nukes on our asses would be low and, in which cases, the likelihood that we would only have our shotguns and rifles would be low since we'd have gained access to some of the weapons of the military since some soldiers would defect bringing their access to weapons with them we'd be taking over entire military bases with the help of defecting insiders.

2. that the civil war would fought between members of the Michigan Militia and the Detroit Militia, in localized battles in a highly decentralized situation and, thus, Charles Brown will be happy that we didn't support the banning of the right to bear arms, since he'd be happy to shoot a KKK motherfucker. :)