[lbo-talk] Re: "Save Darfur" etc (and other responses)

Wojtek Sokolowski wsokol52 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 18:35:08 PDT 2006

--- Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Absurd? Yes, of course but that is how things would
> probably develop if a Darfur peacekeeping operation
> was executed by Washington.

No disagreement here. OTOH, the use of USAF in Sudan would ironically make sense, as the Sudanese AF is assisting the janjaweed militia in locating and attacking their targets. Enforcing a no-fly zone, which USAF could easily do, is likely to change the situation on the ground quite dramatically.

BTW, I do not want to sound like an apologist of US (or any other) militarism, which I find reprehensible.

I just want to put things in proper perspective - US is not in this game alone, and others can be much worse.

Wojtek