[lbo-talk] 300, 000 demonstrators, stretching for 10 blocks, in NYC

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Apr 30 07:21:21 PDT 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> You're right, Chuck. I was just so happy to see photos of a decent
> turnout -- reading a desperate plea from a UFPJ outreach coordinator
> that ravi posted here made me fear that the crowed might be just a
> couple of tens of thousands -- that I got carried away when composing
> the subject line. I didn't hear any news of this on TV, though. Was
> this covered anywhere?

The turnout was very respectable. The photos I've seen on the wires show a packed mass of people stretching for blocks. That's pretty good for a protest that didn't get lots of hype and is being overshadowed by the big protests coming up on Monday.

I didn't watch TV yesterday so I can't speak to TV coverage. News websites carried the protest as a headline, including Drudge Report. NPR featured the protest as its top news story on its hourly update yesterday.

Tomorrow's protests are going to be very hot.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/