[lbo-talk] Is this legal?

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Sun Apr 30 21:37:54 PDT 2006

well, somebody should help him get an attorney because, after getting ripped off royally by several of them recently, leaving him to his own devices kinda sucks, so if anyone knows someone who might know someone, that might help. even so, i still say a phone call to the local rep. of the DoL is the best, free route you can take. I got a lot of helpful supportive info, even though what they said was that i was, ultimately, screwed b/c I was the only employee at a small company. they went the extra mile in a way that's pretty unusual for people who working for a big federal agency.

also, you should know that a lot of these attorneys will make you fork out $200 for a consultation first and then make you sign something that says it's not really legal advice. they won't really read much or listen much and waste your half hour without giving you much of an answer. So, whatever you do, see if you can't find someone who knows someone and who makes some phone calls for you and helps you find someone. the attorneys on this list are nice people, but if my experience is any gauge, some of their colleagues will take your money without much assistance in return and they will, in fact, fuck you over.