[lbo-talk] MERIP on Hizballah

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Wed Aug 2 13:35:28 PDT 2006

Michael Pugliese wrote:
> http://lerterland.blogspot.com/2006/08/deebs-dishonesty.html

David Adler says: "Hezbollah's rocket attacks did not commence after Israeli bombardment had begun. Hezbollah staged a diversion with rocket attacks in the north, then it abducted the Israel soldiers."

Technically this is true.

It consisted (as far as I have been able to assess from the reports) of around two Katyusha rockets that hit outside of the northern Israeli village of Shlomi. Then there is the Har Meron attack that Robert Fisk wrote about, which was a military target. The other rockets hit in the Shebaa farms/Har Dov (which is occupied by Israel, but is actually Syrian or Lebanese territory, depending on who you ask), and there have been several skirmishes between Hezbollah and Israel in Har Dov in the past few years.

If you or anyone else has any additional information on locations of where Katyushas landed before or during the cross border incursion/capture of soldiers by Hezbollah, I would be interested in knowing.