[lbo-talk] "Does that mean we want Hezbollah to win?"

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 4 07:33:50 PDT 2006

>From: "Chip Berlet" <c.berlet at publiceye.org>
>
>Question to the U.S. left and anti-war movement about the current war in
>Lebanon: If we want Israel to fail in its stated objective to destroy
>Hezbollah, does that mean we want Hezbollah to win?

My goodness, as Reichsführer Rumsfeld is wont to say. As he has also said: "You have to go to war with the army you have, not the army you want." Personally I wish the UN could defend Lebanon against Israel's murderous onslaught. But the UN doesn't appear up to the job. So I guess we're stuck with Hezbollah for the time being.

Carl