[lbo-talk] "Does that mean we want Hezbollah to win?"

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 08:06:38 PDT 2006

On 8/4/06, Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: "Chip Berlet" <c.berlet at publiceye.org>
> >
> >Question to the U.S. left and anti-war movement about the current war in
> >Lebanon: If we want Israel to fail in its stated objective to destroy
> >Hezbollah, does that mean we want Hezbollah to win?
>
> My goodness, as Reichsführer Rumsfeld is wont to say. As he has also said:
> "You have to go to war with the army you have, not the army you want."
> Personally I wish the UN could defend Lebanon against Israel's murderous
> onslaught. But the UN doesn't appear up to the job. So I guess we're stuck
> with Hezbollah for the time being.

I Don't Want to Love You, But I Do by Cecilia Lucas

I am coming to terms with something that I've tried to deny, something I've been taught to deny. And so I have written a love poem. For Hizbullah. Like love that inspires poems often is, this love is not all rosy and sweet. It is complicated, tortured, frustrated, somewhat inappropriate, certainly scandalous, sometimes hesitant. It is irrational and overly rational. But still, it is love . A dear friend told me today, "Nobody ever really learns something without feeling something." So, to Hizbullah, I offer this poem.

FULL TEXT: <http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/lucas020806.html> -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>