[lbo-talk] Has the Left Gone Mad?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 4 14:34:01 PDT 2006

On Aug 4, 2006, at 5:26 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> We are engaged in a huge battle over the coming decades with the
> nightmare of u.s. imperialism.

You think? The world is complicated and polycentric. You're like Reagan with a negative sign, with this focus of evil in the modern world business. U.S. imperialism is looking less than almighty right now. It looked pretty hot in 2002, 2003, but it's not doing well in Iraq. Israel is not doing well in Lebanon. Shouldn't we choose our friends more carefully?

Doug