[lbo-talk] The netroots delivers yet again...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Aug 6 11:17:29 PDT 2006

mike larkin wrote:

> he's a solid liberal. But his senior campaign staff
> are all hard-core lefties who will go to work for him
> in Washington if he wins. Isn't that worth cheering
> for?

If that's all you want to do -- cheer!

Suppose this is correct. Suppose on every vote that comes up in the Senate he votes the way "we" want him to vote. Suppose even that there are three or four more of his kind.

What will be the actual difference in legislation, 2007-2008?

My answer to that is -- no difference.

What will be the difference in the nation, among the people?

Three or four thousand people who _might_, had L not won or had he proved a jerk, have turned their energies over to working for building the Greens or the Anti-War movement, but now instead will cheer for the DP because three or four DP people in Washington are "on our side." And the world will go on from bad to worse, as the DP rallies its forces to maintain the u.s. offensive in the mideast.

Carrol