[lbo-talk] Re: HRW on same-sexers in Iran

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 9 07:53:28 PDT 2006

Dear List:

> Debating Iran BY SCOTT LONG

Shall we add Auntie Scott to the lexicon alongside the sobriquet Uncle Tom?

> We want to frame the issues not in terms of "gay rights"
but as struggles for privacy, women's rights, and an end to executions.

So women still have rights that need to be fought for, but gays do not. Auntie Scott has achieved from the left what the right has been working toward for decades: the disapperance of gays.

> In the process we hope to support lesbian, gay, bisexual
and transgender Iranian asylum-seekers with reliable facts.

So helping queers is now just a sidebar. If they are helped, great. If not, well that was not our main concern anyway.

> Rage must be tempered by responsibility, though.

I bet he hated ACT UP.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister