[lbo-talk] All Hail the Lamont Campaign Staff!!!

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 15:41:16 PDT 2006

On 8/10/06, mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sheesh. I see a guy whose progressive credentials are solid and from
> personal conversation he's anything but a "bastard." And again, you judge a
> guy by the company he keeps, and his top people are solid leftists.

Listen Mike, I am sorry I was so heated in my last message.

I am just skeptical of the "star" system, and the idea that ever electing anybody does anything in the long run without continual organization and permanent institutions made up of the people who actually don't own our society. It is the same kind of delusions that so many people had about Clinton. I just didn't get it. Sure Lamont would be better than the alternative or Gore would have been better than Bush. But to say this is to say very little and is only an indication of the lousy state of real social mobilization.

Jerry