[lbo-talk] Re: Liberate Doug from Old Fogeyism!

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 11 15:20:56 PDT 2006

Brian wrote:

>Also SUNSET BOULEVARD

I recently watched Sunset Boulevard with my daughter, who is almost eight. When the stars were dancing during the new year's eve scene she said "She likes him but he doesn't like her." She nailed it. I hope her watching old movies now helps her enjoy them later.

We get movies from a netflix-like service and because they come in the mail it's like a surprise for her. If we went to the video store I think we'd be watching Princess Diaries every other weekend. This way, she watches stuff she wouldn't pick out on her own. The other night she was giggling at Laurel and Hardy.