[lbo-talk] Bush admin pressed Brits to arrest suspects

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 13 18:23:46 PDT 2006

>From: andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>
>
>If it's true they were going to blow up planes, is it
>a bad thing they were arrested?

Get real, I entreat you. Bush, Blair and their minions have -- or should have -- zero credibility. The War on Terror was a lunatic notion from the get-go, and the whole cockamamie enterprise has been turbocharged by politics throughout. It's possible this was a real threat; it seems more likely it was terrorist vaporware. The UK's Komical Konstables have an impressive record of conjuring up false positives on the security front.

In short, I think this whole recent RED ALERT reeks. At this late date, I have no intention of giving the US or UK government the benefit of any doubt on any subject whatsoever.

Carl