[lbo-talk] A question for the anti-"conspiracy"-theorists about 9/11

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 22 13:52:11 PDT 2006

On 22 Aug 2006 at 15:55, ravi wrote:

> Funny to see a bunch of [what I suspect are] white guys
> re-characterizing a simple question from a brown guy as driven by
> anti-brown-skin racism (though I guess the device of "self-hating X" can
> be borrowed from the right). Funnily enough, they are probably correct
> in their analysis (when applied reflectively) that we tend to see what
> we want to see.

You are missing the best part ravi. The Arabs are labeled "stupid and lucky" by the people who think they did it and "too stupid to be capable" by people who think they didn't. They're stupid in either the official version or the conspiracist version. It isn't just the conspiracist who are racist. Brown people are self-hating even if the buy the official version that the terrorists were stupid and lucky. All us brown and red skinned people are just full of self-loathing you know.

I do not know how intelligent they were but they did manage to bring down the WTC with only a little flight training so I'm guessing the stupid Arabs were at least smart enough to pick people with enough intelligence to learn quickly how to do a not extremely simple task. The great white fathers were caught with their head up their ass but that doesn't stop them from labelling the successful terrorists stupid.

John Thornton