[lbo-talk] Womyn's Fest tells transgender women to ban themselves

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 14:13:23 PDT 2006

On 8/26/06, Andy F <andy274 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/25/06, Charles Brown <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> wrote:
> > info at pulpculture.org
> > peeing standing up!
> >
> > ^^^^
> > CB: Getting the toilet seat wet.
>
> I'd long assumed this was an exclusively male pecadillo, until I read this:
>
> ...In maybe a third of the stalls in women's rest rooms these days
> (according to my desultory research), the toilet seat is liberally
> puddled with piss. Somewhere along the line, germ-phobic women began
> crouching above the toilet seat rather than sitting on a paper seat
> cover. Women have begun peeing like men, but they lack the courtesy to
> put up the seat. And since women cannot aim like men -- they have
> nothing to aim with -- a good many of them end up hosing urine on the
> seat. Very few, it would seem, bother to wipe it up....
>
> at: <http://archive.salon.com/health/col/roac/2000/05/19/tinkle/index.html>
>
> Confused, I asked my informant of the time, who vehemently confirmed
> this practice in the ladies' room -- it turned out to be a pet peeve
> of hers.

Why don't germ-phobic women crouch _after_ putting the toilet seat up?

Beats me.

But if germ-phobic women insist on crouching _above_ the toilet seat, there is still a solution: outsource the problem to Japan, the exotic toilet capital of the world. Japan's ruling class and their engineers will no doubt come up with new hi-tech toilets that automatically soap, wipe, and dry the seat after each user. Or else Japan can export its old-fashioned toilets, too <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_toilet>. It is said that old-fashioned ones are better for people prone to constipation than newfangled ones, though the latter are better for the old and disabled than the former. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>