[lbo-talk] Womyn's Fest tells transgender women to ban themselves

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 08:12:34 PDT 2006

On 8/25/06, Charles Brown <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> wrote:

> info at pulpculture.org
>

> peeing standing up!
>
> ^^^^
> CB: Getting the toilet seat wet.

I'd long assumed this was an exclusively male pecadillo, until I read this:

...In maybe a third of the stalls in women's rest rooms these days (according to my desultory research), the toilet seat is liberally puddled with piss. Somewhere along the line, germ-phobic women began crouching above the toilet seat rather than sitting on a paper seat cover. Women have begun peeing like men, but they lack the courtesy to put up the seat. And since women cannot aim like men -- they have nothing to aim with -- a good many of them end up hosing urine on the seat. Very few, it would seem, bother to wipe it up....

at: <http://archive.salon.com/health/col/roac/2000/05/19/tinkle/index.html>

Confused, I asked my informant of the time, who vehemently confirmed this practice in the ladies' room -- it turned out to be a pet peeve of hers.

Does the Womyn's Fest take a position on leaving the toilet seat up? I'm serious.

-- Andy