[lbo-talk] Young Hillary as a Goldwater Girl

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 07:03:57 PDT 2006

On 8/27/06, Steven L. Robinson <srobin21 at comcast.net> wrote:

> What EXACTLY does this mean?
>

> > Doesn't explain her editting the issue of the Yale Law School
> > journal in 1970 supporting the New Haven chapter of the Black Panther
> > Party.

You tried to smear her as a racist. All the biographies of her, from left-liberal to Right-wing go into her brief radicalization in the late 60's. The one I've read by left-liberal Roger Morris, "Partners in Power, " quite critical of Bill & Hillary has substantial footnotes on all I said.

Two other tidbits for 'ya, her positive review of Carl Oglesby of SDS co-written book on the Cold War, "Containment and Change, " w/Richard Shaull and her commemncement speech at Wellsley w/these lines, "But there are some things we feel, feelings that our prevailing, acquisitive, and competitive corporate life, including tragically the universities, is not the way of life for us. We're searching for more immediate, ecstatic and penetrating mode of living."

> And the evidence for all of this?

-- Michael Pugliese