[lbo-talk] Israel Must Win By Gilad Atzmon

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 10:38:15 PDT 2006

http://www.aljazeerah.info/Opinion%20editorials/2006%20Opinion%20Editorials/August/12%20o/Beyond%20Comparison%20By%20Gilad%20Atzmon.htm

>...To regard Hitler as the ultimate evil is nothing but surrendering
to the Zio-centric discourse. To regard Hitler as the wickedest man and the Third Reich as the embodiment of evilness is to let Israel off the hook. To compare Olmert to Hitler is to provide Israel and Olmert with a metaphorical moral shield. It maintains Hitler at the lead and allows Olmert to stay in the tail.

http://oliverkamm.typepad.com/blog/2006/08/atzmon_watch.html
>...You think this is merely a metaphorical way of expressing a
consuming hatred of the Jewish state rather than an apologia for Nazism? Well, consider Atzmon's direct description of the Nazis' aims and conduct (emphasis added):

Now is the time to stand up and say it, unlike the Nazis who had respect for other national movements including Zionism, Israel has zero respect for anyone including its next door neighbours. The Israeli behaviour should be realised as the ultimate vulgar biblical barbarism on the verge of cannibalism. Israel is nothing but evilness for the sake of evilness. It is wickedness with no comparison.

Go and read, as they say, the whole thing - if you you are of strong stomach. Atzmon maintains that: "Carpet bombing and total erasure of populated areas that is [sic] so trendy amongst Israeli military and politicians (as well as Anglo-Americans) has [sic] never been a Nazi tactic or strategy." If Atzmon had referred to, say, the history of the Warsaw Ghetto as "total erasure of populated areas", I should have condemned his euphemistic choice of language; yet he denies that such an act of barbarism even took place! Go and read his diagnosis that (emphasis added) "Nazism was a nationalist expansionist movement with extensive yet limited ambitions" - limited indeed to the conquest of western Europe, the enslavement of eastern Europe, and the annihilation of every last Jew. -- Michael Pugliese