[lbo-talk] NYTimes Editorial: Rise of Pessimism

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:07:08 PDT 2006

>From: srobin21 at comcast.net (Steven L. Robinson)
>
>In this country, at least, one has to ask the question - "what left?"

Patience. There is clearly a strong demand for a left, so a left will be supplied. Don't you have any faith in the marketplace? ;-)

>Further, the rise of a police state apparatus should cool- or at least
>temper- whatever good cheer we can draw from the troubles of our rulers. SR

I am confident this administration will be as inept at instituting a police state as it's been at managing disaster relief and waging war. GWB & Co. are consummate fuckups.

Carl