[lbo-talk] hippies (Re: WMT goes orgo)

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Tue Aug 29 19:03:06 PDT 2006

At 07:15 PM 8/29/2006, Carrol Cox wrote:

>John, do you have any anthropological hypothesis to explain the
>excessive concern on this list with that mostly mythological category of
>"Hippies"? Or is the question one of psychopathology rather than of
>anthropology?
>
>Carrol

speaking of which. I wanted to ask. Doug posted that Time article about the hippies, written in 1967 as I recall.

I was wondering about it. In the article, they talk about how hippies were a departure from the earlier work of the new left.

For those of you around at the time, part of the New Left, what did you think about what was going on? Did you feel the hippies were a problem? Join on board?

Just curious.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org