[lbo-talk] hippies (Re: WMT goes orgo)

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Aug 30 23:19:56 PDT 2006

Carl Remick wrote:

> That's a beautiful tribute, Ravi. I don't understand the point of
> beating up on hippies. What's wrong with the world today is triumphal
> capitalism, militarism, imperialism -- none of which can be ascribed to
> any delusions or excesses of the hippies.

Thanks, Ravi, for your post.

I love the hippies. Without them, the 1960s would be much less special for many of us. Even those of us who were born during the mid to late 60s got a taste of that era during the 70s. I was taught by young teachers who probably were part of the 1960s counterculture. I still remember the flower power hippie house that was on the corner of Ward Parkway and 75th St here in KCMO.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/