[lbo-talk] Rabbi Lerner's address on TV!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Dec 3 12:20:13 PST 2006

[Here's something for Yoshie to bone up with on the "progressive" uses of religion - the gaseous pieties of Michael "Rabbi" Lerner.]

An important message! Dear Tikkun Ally,

I am very excited to announce that Rabbi Lerner's keynote address from our May 2006 Spiritual Activism Conference will be broadcast several times in December on Free Speech TV, a progressive documenary channel available in over 25 million homes on Dish Network, Channel 9415, and on 164 community access cable stations in 34 states. For more information, see www.freespeech.org.

Here are the dates and times of the broadcast: December 5 at 4am, 8am, 8pm December 6 at 11pm, 1pm December 7 at 2am, 8am December 8 at 1pm December 9 at 8am, noon December 10 at 9am, 4pm

You can also watch this program for free online here .

This is a great opportunity to invite some friends over to watch a stimulating program and discuss a new vision for America and the world. In his speech, Rabbi Lerner outlines two distinct worldviews that have competed throughout history: one in which the world is viewed as a scary, hostile place filled with amoral people who will take advantage of you unless you take advantage of them first (sound familiar?), and one in which human beings are interdependent and completely capable of taking care of each other and giving each other the loving recognition we all need. And he outlines the Network of Spiritual Progressives' program for moving from a society steeped in the former worldview to one that can realize the potential in the latter.

We are actively pursuing more partnerships with media outlets to help us get this message out, but doing so requires money to record, edit, and produce television-quality video. If you would like to help us take advantage of these opportunities, please consider donating through www.spiritualprogressives.org. In fact, we need your membership and donations in order to continue all of our work to realize this vision. If you aren't already a member and this vision resonates with you, please join now . With your membership, you'll get a subscription to our magazine, TIKKUN, access to special members- only conference calls and discussions such as the one today with Sister Joan Chittister, George McGovern, and Rabbi Lerner, as well as member rates to our events.

Enjoy the show!

Nichola Torbett National Organizer