[lbo-talk] Time to Get Religion

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Dec 3 12:49:24 PST 2006

Angelus Novus wrote:

> Just one of the many shortcomings of Anarchism is that
> it lacks a critique of ideology. Instead, all it
> knows is denunciation of ideology. You've just proved
> that yet again.

You've just demonstrated that you have a poor understanding of anarchism and that you can't differentiate between my position as an anti-religious individual and that of an anarchist.

> There are a hell of a lot of things leftists had
> better "get" if they are going to overcome
> irrelevance: religion, gender, racial and national
> identity, the commodity-form, the state-form, class
> relations, etc. etc.

Ever heard of a fucking library? I run a used bookstore. We have hundreds of books on these subjects.

Are you arguing that leftists should embrace people who believe in imaginary friends in order to be more relevant?

What an irrational crock of shit!

> "Speaking up against the idiocy of religion." Good
> luck with that. You and Noam Chomsky can spend the
> next 10,000 years shouting facts at people until
> you're blue in the face. Until you develop an inkling
> of the pull that reified social relationships exercise
> upon human consciousness, your contribution to
> effecting any social change will tend towards null.

Last time I checked, Noam Chomsky draws large audiences and sells lots of books.

Who are you again?

There is a growing movement against religion in this country. It's about

time. I would hope that leftists would move in a rational direction instead of pandering to religious bigots and idiots.

Fuck religion!

Chuck

-------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/