[lbo-talk] Time to Get Religion

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Dec 3 14:27:20 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> I hear you, Chuck, but do you think you're going to change anyone's
> mind this way?

That rheotoric is meant for this list and its audience. I think that more of us who say things that bluntly will give more of us the backbone to come out of the closet. Changing people's minds about religion will take a more complicated suite of methods.

> Are there religious anarchists, with a non-authoritarian G/god?

Yes. Most anarchists are anti-religious, but there are Christian anarchists, Catholic Worker anarchists, pagans, Buddhists, and so on. An "Anarchism and Christianity" conference has happened twice in the past 2-3 years. One conference was held in NYC.

Chuck