[lbo-talk] Time to Get Religion

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 07:08:56 PST 2006

On 12/3/06, Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just one of the many shortcomings of Anarchism is that
> it lacks a critique of ideology. Instead, all it
> knows is denunciation of ideology. You've just proved
> that yet again.

Until you develop an inkling
> of the pull that reified social relationships exercise
> upon human consciousness, your contribution to
> effecting any social change will tend towards null.

So, tell me. What is the "critique of ideology" that you favor. Can you state it clearly? Is "ideology" a stable concept or simply a loose notion. If it is a stable concept please define it for me.

What is the "pull that reified social relationships exercise upon human consciousness"? As an entry level question: Do "reified social relationships" only pull on the "consciousness" of homo sapiens or does it also pull on other animals that might be said to have societies?

Thank you in advance.

Jerry -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20061205/138f4792/attachment.htm>