[lbo-talk] Flirting With Fascism on CNN Headline News

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 5 16:08:28 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2006, at 5:51 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> > Doug Henwood wrote:
> >>
> >> <http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=3014>
> >>
> >> Action Alert
> >>
> >> Flirting With Fascism on CNN Headline News
> >> Host Glenn Beck threatens Muslims with concentration camps
> >
> > Shades of FDR! Two points:
> >
> > 1. This sort of threat _does_ have more of an aroma of naziism than do
> > most things that get loosely labelled fascist.
> >
> > 2. But the example of FDR and the Japanese internment
>
> Hey, I almost always think the word "fascist" is misused. But I was
> interested in what this guy says. It's absolutely hideous, and he's
> on CNN.

Hey back, I was mostly agreeing with you. Stop provoking me to overpost when I usually stay well under an average of 2- a day. You are right, it's absolutely hideous, and I was tentatively trying to explore why, as obnoxious as the internment of the Japanese was, what this bozo was proposing would be of another order of magnitude. Hence my play with "solution."

Carrol