[lbo-talk] Putin: Russians love him!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 13:56:43 PST 2006

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your favorable view of Russia, as well as that of
> China, certainly
> doesn't square with the rest of your politics,
> especially in West
> Asia, though I welcome this deviation, for what's
> good for Russia and
> China is good for populist Islamists in the region,
> Venezuela, Cuba,
> etc. :->
> --

Well, I have mixed views on the Iranian government (whom I assume you are refering to), though I no doubt have a less negative view of it than Doug does, but China and Russia are not theocracies. ;) Moreover, Russia is a liberal democratic country, albeit one with a subject culture, and China is a one-party dictatorship, but both are solidly in the Enlightenment.