[lbo-talk] why the water will soon be around our ankles

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 04:09:37 PST 2006

On 12/10/06, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> A quick Google search shows that the US Dept. of Energy's Energy
> Efficiency and Renewable Energy
> Clearinghouse suggests modern buildings should be wired to prevent the
> heating and cooling systems from
> operating simultaneously.

It sounded like the heat was centrally controlled and the AC not. There's nothing unusual about this -- the crude version is to open a window when the heat is too high. I've done it too.

I had some penpals in Czechoslovakia shortly before '89 and one of them mentioned a similar situation in his panel highrise -- he seemed to think it peculiar to the system, and I straightened him out.

-- Andy