[lbo-talk] What Lies Behind the Rash of Russian Poisonings?

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 10:17:46 PST 2006

Doug! Gaidar knows this. This is why he has kept a low profile. He simply is the most hated man in Russia. But that hatred is not personal. I can't imagine anyone in Russia wanting to cause him harm. Gaidar lives in his own private hell and the Russian public watches on. This whole episode was for Western consumption (and some people in London, like Berezovsky, are thrilled!).

Mark my words, making Russia an enemy again is a huge mistake! Russia has options. It can go in many directions. If it is not wanted in the West, it WILL go elswhere. Given all the hatefull commentary in Western media - based on prejudice and almost NO FACTS, I would not be surprised if Russia went on its own way. This would not be in the West's interests.

--------------------------------- Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20061211/0b324cfd/attachment.htm>