[lbo-talk] Slaves and their instruments - was/ poor underpaid CEOs

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Dec 14 13:29:38 PST 2006

Doug:

It's always cheap to make a joke about a typo, but "Re:pubic" looks like the title of a self-referential cult stud essay on the sex biz. ___________________________________

[WS:] Last year I attended a conference in Bangkok. During the opening session, attended by her royal highness (her name escapes me at the moment,) the presenter (a local luminary) put up a Powerpoint slide with the title "Pubic education" (what was supposed be "public education.") It would not be that funny, if it were not for the context of truly nauseating local groveling before the royalty attending the presentation.

As to the economic analysis of unfree labor, check the works of AV Chayanov (_The theory of peasant economy_) and W Kula (_Economic theory of a feudal system_?) - both translated to English.

Wojtek