[lbo-talk] The raids against immigrant workers

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 12:09:44 PST 2006

It's worse than that.

Millions of workers pay taxes with Social Security numbers that are obviously bogus (SS numbers aren't random) and the government does nothing. Here are people basically sending a form to the government saying "I am an illegal worker employed here at XYZ Corporation, please come deport me and fine my employer" and the government, of course, does nothing at all.

Lefties have to stop getting so hysterical about deportations. America's policy towards illegal labor is "don't ask, don't tell". The people we catch, we treat very badly. The people who try to use the system legally are essentially mocked. But so long as the immigrant gets the message we send from our insane immigration bureaucracy and our arbitrary, capricious and cynical "enforcement" and just shuts up and works, he can expect many decades of hassle-free low wage employment.

Anyone who knows anything about the food industry has known that meat processing is but one part of that industry that is totally dependent on illegal labor. These companies are organized racketeers, knowingly violating the law thousands of times for profit. This is what RICO statutes were MADE for, but there is no enforcement.

In my view, lefties should be pushing for lawsuits like this: http://library.findlaw.com/2005/Aug/24/194505.html where workers in Georgia are suing their employer for conspiring to bring in illegal workers to bring down wages.

boddi