[lbo-talk] The raids against immigrant workers

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 15:24:19 PST 2006

On 12/15/06, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> boddi satva wrote:
>
> > In my view, lefties should be pushing for lawsuits like this:
> > http://library.findlaw.com/2005/Aug/24/194505.html
> > where workers in Georgia are suing their employer for conspiring to
> > bring in illegal workers to bring down wages.
>
> Are you just being sarcastic or have you taken leave of your senses in
> advance of the weekend?
>
> People should be pusing for the abolition of borders, freedom to travel,
> and an end to capitalism.
>
> There are plenty of people out there who are all hot to screw over
> undocumented workers. I see no reason why anybody on this list should be
> joining that line.
>
> Chuck

No I'm sure not being sarcastic.

Nobody is doing illegal workers a favor by importing their oppression.

Historically, illegal workers have been imported to oppress domestic workers and that's what's happening now. The companies that do this should be sued for being the racketeers that they are. I'm sorry if illegal workers lose their jobs because of it, but how are we supposed to oppose capitalism if we ignore capitalist lawbreaking INTENDED to reduce working people's wages and break their unions?

Can't be done.

The truth of the matter is that we have to fight the oppression that makes these illegal workers so desperate. Mexicans, for example, who are living here as an underclass could be at home, changing Mexico. Nobody wants privation and disaster, but you have to be honest about what is happening. American capitalists are attempting to import a permanent legal underclass and that must not be allowed.

boddi