[lbo-talk] give to MR!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Dec 16 10:03:44 PST 2006

[posted to Marxmail, but not here - hey, Michael, don't forget us!]

Monthly Review has been in continuous publication, eleven issues a year, since May 1949. It is certainly one of the most important publications on the left worldwide. Monthly Review Press has, since the early 1950s, published a very large number of radical classics. In July 2005, we began a webzine, mrzine, and it has steadily gained readership and a diverse group of authors.

Monthly Review has always been generous in terms of sharing resources and articles. All MR articles are made available on the web the month they are published. We always give comrades in poor countries free permission to publish our books and our articles.

All of this is done on a shoestring budget and with an overworked staff. To make ends meet, we have to rely on our readers and friends. Hence this appeal. We need relief now! So if you can find it in your heart to make a donation to Monthly Review, please do so and do it today. You can contribute by calling 1-800-670-9499. Or go to either the MR website (www.monthlyreview.org) or the mrzine site (www.mrzine.org) and click on the PayPal logo. Finally, you can mail a check to Monthly Review, 146 W. 29th Street, Suite #6W, New York NY 10001.

Michael Yates, Associate Editor