[lbo-talk] P-9 and meatpacking deunionization (was: The raids against immigrant workers)

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Wed Dec 20 10:40:20 PST 2006

>Something similar's going on in auto now. You hear Labor Notes
>people complain about the lack of leadership & militancy coming from
>the UAW, but GM & Ford are pretty fucked, and they never really
>acknowledge that. So, comrade, what is to be done there?

Stop caring about GM's and Ford's state of fuckedness or unfuckedness? This tactic of unions strategizing and siding with capital hasn't worked out real well for the former, has it?.... This is a very strange turn you are taking here. Sounds like you are advocating a revival of the postwar capital-labor truce. But you have written very well about how the working class broke this truce, because it, well, sucked. Now it seems like you want a return to the old days. But as Morrissey said, we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore. Are you still ill?