[lbo-talk] Paradox

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Dec 20 14:33:23 PST 2006

Angelus:

Look, you can love French Trotskyists, Italian Communists, English pop groups, German automobiles, or Danish cinema to your heart's content. None of this should be confused with support for Europe as a political entity, or any of its constituent states,

[WS:] I like Europe as a political entity and (most of) its constituent states. I wish the US was more like that. It makes much more sense than any of the rant that one hears from the left nowadays.

Marvin:

I am not disputing the division of the US ruling class over tactics, or that most of the US military interventions were deplorable. All I am saying is that (i) I do not put much value in national sovereignty and nationalism, which seems to be the premise for condemning military interventions, and (ii) there is more consensus in the every division of power, including the global order, than meets the eye; in fact there is more consensus than raw coercion.

PS. I do not have a WSJ subscription, so I could not access the piece you posted.

Wojtek