[lbo-talk] P-9 and meatpacking deunionization (was: The raids against immigrant workers)

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Dec 21 08:40:32 PST 2006

boddi satva wrote:

> The Left wants to preserve this fuzzy, silly notion about the
> "undocumented". Too many of us on the left lie to ourselves that the
> situation of having a legal underclass is acceptable, because we don't
> want to deal with the sadness and difficulty of the situation.
>
> I've worked with and known far too many illegals to think that way.
> When illegals allow themselves to pretend that they are just like
> citizens, they set themselves up for heartbreak. You have to deal
> rationally with the system that is.

I'm still amazed at how the immigration issue manages to bring out the ugly, racist hypocritical side of some progressives and liberals. I've heard some shocking anti-immigrant stuff come out of liberal mouths who normally sound quite rational.

I'm also shocked that a regular list member is spouting off anti-immigrant bullshit while the rest of the list sits on its collective hands.

Disgusted,

Chuck