[lbo-talk] How to Deconstruct Almost Anything

bitch bitch at pulpculture.org
Thu Dec 21 09:43:49 PST 2006

At 11:30 AM 12/21/2006, Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Dec 21, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Jerry Monaco wrote:
>
>>Well yes, all is text. Left unsaid is what I have been told often:
>>All those who don't understand that all is text, are simply benighted.
>
>It's really interesting how so many people can't just shrug, maybe
>giggle lightly, and move on; instead, they get all huffy & puffy
>about something they want to dismiss as trivial or ludicrous. Why is
>that? All that slipperiness of meaning make you a little nervous?
>
>Doug

plus, I had no idea that my partner, the weatherguessers, the storm chasers, the Florida Power guy, my sister-in-law's psychic, the city water department, physicians and nurses, and most drivers in the US were pomos.

heck, we might not have even had the word 'text' to kick around along with the po-mos were someone around in the 14th century to get a hitch in his get-a-long that someone dared used it outside of its ken.

Jerry, you are a smart guy. Is it really that hard to figure out the whole thing about writing/speech in Derrida's stuff? So hard to figure out why people use the word text and talking about "reading" a videogame. Your argument re text/reading is just freakin' sloppy.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org