[lbo-talk] DAMN IT WILL PEOPLE USE PLAIN TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Dec 21 10:40:02 PST 2006

On Dec 21, 2006, at 1:15 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> I hate those posts with indented text and different colors and all the
> other fucking bells & whistles which Outlook or something or other
> puts
> on them
>
> WHY IN THE FUCK CAN'T PEOPLE USE PLAIN TEXT.
>
> IF ONE PERSON USES CODED TEXT, THEN APPARENTLY EVERYONE WHO
> RESPONDS TO
> HIS/HER POST USES CODED TEXT.
>
> FUCK IT.

A little more strongly worded than my past pleas, but yes. Plain text. I don't know how many scores of times I've asked people to do this, but it seems to have no effect. Almost every mailer, except maybe those that suck (like AOL's), offer a plain text option. It's really not hard to tweak a setting. Nonplain text can double the amount of bandwidth required, and can look pretty weird when read by older mail software. PLAIN FUCKING TEXT FUCKING PLEASE.

Doug