[lbo-talk] DAMN IT WILL PEOPLE USE PLAIN TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitch bitch at pulpculture.org
Thu Dec 21 10:51:49 PST 2006

could everyone operating various mailprograms/OSes document their settings tweak, forward it to me.

I'll put a copy up so that, when you tell people to change to plain text, they can learn how by going to the link. I think the biggest problem with these messages is that 1. you assume people know what plaint text is (they don't) and 2. that once they figure that out, they know where to look in their email client to tweak the setting. (I hear tell that MS outlook makes it extremely difficult and, if ppl are writing from a work account, it is sometimes impossible to change. but that was via my partner who had to use Outllook at his old job.)

Get a better compliance rate by, uh, not treating lbo readers like software engineers treat their (l)users. :)

we need instructions for following:

ms outlook express ms outlook pro eudora (i'll do) thunderbird opera mail nutscrape mail

what else?

who volunteers? Ravi? Dwayne? Who else?