[lbo-talk] How to Deconstruct Almost Anything

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Dec 21 18:59:49 PST 2006

At around 21/12/06 8:37 pm, Jerry Monaco wrote:
> On 12/21/06, Andy F <andy274 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My apologies if this amounts to thread-flogging, but I'd be curious
>> what others thought of this attempt by a software engineer to make
>> sense of deconstruction with comments on clarity. There's a
>> Sokalesque prank in the beginning, but then it turns into a good faith
>> effort (though he suggests deconstructing the article as a beginner's
>> exercise).
>>
>> <http://www.info.ucl.ac.be/~pvr/decon.html>
>
> JM: I have read this before and it is worth taking time to read.

There is a very simple test on whether he is worthwhile to read relative to his claims. It is mentioned that he is a software engineer. The question then is: does he provide samples of his own code in the document? Or as Zellberger points out, is he content to play language games against those whose language is plainer than his?

--ravi