[lbo-talk] re: Paradox

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 21:31:59 PST 2006

I'm thinking of the huge upsurge in skinhead violence (and violence on the part of migrants against the native population, which is not uncommon either) in Russia at present, as you probably guessed.

I've had a couple of drinks, so I'm hoping I'm expressing myself clearly. I said "unregulated," where you have huge quantities of people crossing almost-transparent borders, often facilitated by organized crime, with no check on them and no attempt made to resituate them intelligently in their new (or temporary, as is often the case) homeland. I did not say they should be barred, but that they should be regulated -- so that they are not exploited, do not displace the native population (as often happens in Russia, when local farmers get muscled out of markets), and so forth.